Rand McNally Dock
Rand McNally Dock is an application that helps the users to install the maps and software updates on their GPS devices. This helps in the smooth functioning of your GPS device and provides the users with accurate and reliable information. For keeping your navigation device update, you have to download and install the Rand McNally dock application on your system. In order to install, follow the processes mentioned below.
How to Download Rand Mcnally Dock?
- First and foremost, access a web browser. For this, you have to click the browser’s icon from the desktop or system.
- Then, move to the Rand McNally Dock web page by entering the “randmcnally.com/dock” URL in the address bar.
- After that, you will get the download links for both Windows and Mac devices.
- Now, for downloading the dock application on your Windows device, you have to tap the “Windows” link. However, if you are a Mac user then you will get the links for two versions i.e. “Mac 32-bit” version and “Mac 64-bit” version. Click the desired link to proceed further.
- By doing so, the Rand McNally Dock application will start downloading on your device. You have to wait for the completion of the download process.
- In the middle of the download process, you might get a popup box for changing the setup file download location. For this, you have to hit the “Browse” option and then select the desired location.
Procedure to Install the Rand Mcnally
- First of all, access the Downloads folder on your computing device. However, if you have changed the location, then you have to access that folder.
- Then, look for the Rand McNally Dock setup file that you have downloaded. Once you get the file, you have to double it.
- After that, Rand McNally will ask you to allow the application to run on your device. In order to grant the permission, you have to click the “Run” tab from the Security Warning pop-up box.
- Next, a User Account Control pop-up box will prompt on your screen. This pop-up box asks you to allow the application to make the required changes to your computer system. To grant the permission, click the “Yes” option.
- Now, from the welcome window of the installation wizard, you have to select the “Next” option.
- Thereafter, you have to go through the Warnings, Disclaimers and End-User License Agreement documents. Rand McNally wants you to read the whole document carefully and after that, accept the mentioned terms and conditions. For this, click the “I Accept” option.
- Further, hit the “Next” tab to proceed further.
- Then, you will get the Destination selection window on your screen. Here, you are required to tap the inverted triangle and choose the Disk location where you want to save the installation files. Once you are done with this, press the “Next” tab.
- Afterwards, you have to select the “Install” tab. By doing so, the Rand McNally Dock application will start installing on your device.
- Meanwhile, you will get a popup box asking you to establish a connection between your Rand Mcnally GPS device and the Computer. For establishing the connection you are required to use the USB cable. You have to attach one end of the cable to the device and another to your system.
- After connecting the device, you have to press the “Yes” option from the popup box that appears on your screen.
- This will begin the installation process. Once the installation process gets completed, the application will ask to choose the desired language. Select the preferred language the available options and then, press the “Ok” tab.
- Now, the installation process will get completed and a completion message will display on your screen. Click the “Finish” tab to move out of the wizard.